Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Early Pregnancy Symptoms


Okay, so I managed to get another, much clearer positive pregnancy test again today (pictured above). I really do have to take it just one day at a time. In the mean time, since I spent so much time answering one woman's question on FF about early pregnancy symptoms, I thought I'd actually post them here, for posterity. Heh.

I am THE QUEEN of symptoms. Seriously, it is deeply embarrassing. I am either the most in-tune person with my body (in other words, crazy woman) or I actually just always have tons of hormonal things going on that I can't avoid noticing...PMS has always been severe for me.

Here are my early pregnancy symptoms, as of today, 11 DPO, in no particular order:

1. Enlarged/heavy breasts very soon after ovulation. They're always tender but not usually heavier until closer to my period. Bra feels uncomfortable.

2. Speaking of breasts, yesterday morning, before testing, I noticed in the mirror that my Montgomery Tubercles were really showing and more obvious/plentiful. And my nipples were itchy!

3. Shortness of breath during moderate activity. At times it feels like I can't quite take a deep enough breath. This was really noticeable on 9 DPO.

4. This symptom has happened w/every pregnancy: I just feel FAT...clothes don't fit right or look good. I always bloat w/PMS, but this comes on sooner and is a more general feeling.

5. Increased gas...for 4 days in a row now. Horrible! (TMI)

6. A few severe, very quick sharp pains, like round ligament pain, that feels like a charlie horse type cramp in the uterine area. That hit on 6 DPO and made me really wonder, since I only get that in pregnancy. It first hit on 9 DPO on my last BFP cycle.

7. Increased thirst started just yesterday at 10 DPO, which leads to drinking more fluids.

8. Increased fatigue, along w/feeling a bit feverish at times when I get tired.

9. A lot more cervical fluid starting at 4 DPO.

10. Irritable, everything is annoying...like severe PMS but this started at about 7/8 DPO.

11. Sleeplessness: I can't go to sleep at bedtime but then wake early even though I'm tired.

12. Let's talk cramps: At 3 DPO it felt like I was ovulating again through 5 DPO...basic ovulation pains again. At about 6 DPO the cramping felt like a dull, almost burning ache, but all on one side, that continued all day and radiated around the entire area/side. They subsided a bit, off and on, but continued to favor one side for the most part. Yesterday the only thing was a knot feeling just to the right of my belly button (but internally). Today it feels more like a lot of little knot sensations/cramps all over. '


13. More back pain, almost like I'm wondering if I injured it a tad. For a few days off and on, my legs felt achy, like I just worked out.

14. Bleeding gums when I brushed my teeth on 9 DPO. Apparently it's a symptom. I've read about it but my gums never bleed, so I took note.

15. Mild heartburn after almost each meal. I usually don't have this unless I REALLY over eat.

16. Seriously increased appetite, but it's more that I eat and get hungry sooner, like I'm famished.

17. Also strange and noticeable symptom related to eating: once I'm full, I feel like I'll hurl if I take another bite. I have to literally push the food away from me.

18. Craving and eating more protein. 2% milk started sounding super good, when I don't usually drink it and I ate through tons of soy veggie meat (I'm vegetarian).

19. Headaches almost every day for the past week.

20. Metallic or just "off" taste in my mouth that comes and goes...makes me want to chew more gum.

21. Stuffy nose every morning when I awake since about 3 DPO.

22. Not thinking as quickly/clearly, like a space cadet when I'm usually always so on top of things.

23. My intuition/brain told me "You ARE pregnant" quite a few times.

24. Diarrhea...oh joy!

Okay...it's insane I can name this many! Obsessive much?!?

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for posterity! Eight years later and you're helping me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete