Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cycle 19: Fertility Cleanse



A new Cycle finally! When I started thinking I had conceived this last cycle, I realized how fearful I felt because DH has not had enough "time" to be on the supplements to improve his DNA damage and morphology. I also started feeling that I may not have done enough for myself physically to prepare for another pregnancy. I find it so very difficult to wait until March to TTC in earnest, so I was looking for way to bide my time. Looking around the web I came across a natural fertility site that sells a "Fertility Cleanse" kit. It piqued my interest.

Herbs and vitamins and natural methods of promoting good health fascinate me to no end and feed my inner-hippie chic, so I'm a sucker. It has some really great supplements to cleanse the liver and uterus and to boost fertility naturally by balancing out hormones with things like milk thistle seed, Goldenseal, dandelion, Red Rasberry leaf, wild yam, burdock root, Don Quai, and False Unicorn root. I don't know if it is actually effective or not, but I think it will give me a chance to do some self-care and at least feel like I've done my best to create a healthful environment for another baby. Hopefully this will distract me enough to exercise patience in the midst of my urgency to hurry up and TTC given my AMA (advanced maternal age) and my predictable surge in sex drive during ovulation.
.
I'll report back on how it goes and whether I recommend it. More information about the Fertility Cleanse is here: http://natural-fertility-info.com/prepare-for-conception . The site has some interesting articles.

I've also begun a new natural, vegan, food based prenatal vitamin that I'm excited about by Rainbow Light called "Just Once Prenatal One." http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-Prenatal-Multivitamin-Tablets/dp/B000EE8036 . It is packed with vitamins (way more than my other brand) and has calcium and iron in addition to being gentle on the stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment