Saturday, November 24, 2012

6w5d and 7w3d Ultrasounds

I have actual photos of our little baby! Maybe he/she looks like a blob now, but I was assured that would change in just a matter days.

At our 6 week 5 day ultrasound lil' pumpkin had a heart beat of 137 and looked big for age (though the RE didn't measure at this scan).  We were able to see and hear the heartbeat on the scan and things looked perfect.

You can see the yolk sac on the bottom below the baby, it looks like a ring and the baby is the above it, closer to the uterine wall with the beginning of the placenta forming, creating an outline.

Here is baby at 7 weeks 3 days, looking quite a bit bigger, he/she measured 2 days ahead at 13.9mm (which is good news according to the perinatologist since that means there is no slowing of growth). The heartbeat was beating great at 155:

Above the word BABY you can see the actual umbilical cord arching above the baby and it is attached to the placenta. The tech thought I had an SCH/tiny bleed at the top of the placenta, but the doctor disagreed. The baby's head is on the left facing down and the feet are on the right facing upward. It looks like you can see tiny hand buds on either side of the body. I asked about the dark spot in the baby's head and was told it was a normal part of development and had a name, but I don't remember the term.

I started feeling really sick at the 6 week mark and that has continued. I feel that it's a good sign and it provides me reassurance, even though it is very difficult to function a lot of the time. I also continue with intralipids, Lovenox, baby aspirin, folate/B12, fish and krill oil, calcium, and prenatals.  I have a long way to go yet and my next scan is during week 9. It's hard to wait that long but if things still look good, I will have passed my previous loss anniversaries. Most of the time I try not to think too much about being pregnant, it helps me cope and makes the time go a little faster while I wait to get out of the danger zone.  Stick baby, please stick.   

6 comments:

  1. Praying Praying Praying for your and your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen you on here for a little while.. I really hope that you are okay - Thinking of you and praying for you tonight xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder! We moved across the country and I finally have time to get back to blogging. I appreciate the prayers and thoughts...all is well so far!

      Delete