Sunday, November 4, 2012

Progression Pics of Wondfo, FRER, and Dollar Tree Tests

I pee on a few sticks most days to check progression even though it is not an exact science by any means.  I have an endless supply of internet cheapies that will otherwise go to waste in my closet, so I've been using them up during this pregnancy, in addition to a few other sticks. It's been kind of fascinating to see the way different tests respond to HCG. For those searching for HPT progression pics, my POAS-aholism is for your viewing pleasure. ;)

The first set are my Dollar Tree tests. The interesting thing with them is that they have continued to get darker just up until about 19DPO (my beta was 1,555 that day) and then they look the same-with the control line just a hair darker than the test line.  This makes me think that they hit a threshold with the dye around a beta of 1,000 and that they won't get darker anymore. They get the prize for progression with changing dye the longest.


UPDATE: 11/12/12:  I continued to take the Dollar Tree tests and the test line finally became darker than the control line on 26 DPO (before that it was looking about the same darkness):



The second set are the cheap wondfo's from Amazon. You can see that by 14-15 DPO the test and control lines were equally dark and that they haven't changed since despite my HCG levels rising from 300 (13DPO) to over 1,000 by 19 DPO. Their threshold is less than Dollar Tree store tests and so while they pick up the earliest BFP's, I would say they stop showing progression with betas in the 500+ range.


The final set are the more expensive tests, the First Response Early Result (FRER).  They seemed to darken up until 16 DPO, which is when the test line became darker than the control line. I like that they have the kind of dye range, but they too seem to have a threshold in the 500  beta range- as if the dye has done all it can do and simply doesn't look any darker after that. 


UPDATE 11/12/12:  I continued taking FRER's every other day and found that by 25 DPO, the test line looked the same darkness but the control line faded and continued to fade on 27DPO. So, these do keep changing, it just took a long time:



Anyway, it's important to note that these tests do not continue to darken indefinitely if you're using them for progression purposes (at least not until much, much later on and even then they hit a threshold!). At this point, my tests can't give me a lot of new information and the one reason to keep testing would only be to catch dramatically falling hcg. Also, please note that some days the lines looked lighter, only to darken up again...that was due to my urine being more dilute or because the dye just seemed less in that particular HPT. One day of lighter tests doesn't mean anything....it's only if they continue to lighten that you need to consider things further. 

Happy stick peeing! 

13 comments:

  1. Great post! Thanks for all the useful info. Very helpful as I analyze my lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and congrats on your BFP!

      Delete
    2. Hi I was diagnosed March 2017 but was running around from doctor to doctor before I finally get a result that I was free from MND ALS. Mine started on top and progressed into bottom I could walk very little but need assistance as I have no balance. It is sad all time that we thought this disease has no cure with all the technology we have while there re some formulas at there that can relief all symptoms and get this of ALS  . I’m passing this info to anyone at there because totalcureherbsfoundation com has the right cure and caregiver this disease ….I took various supplements, medicine prescribed by neurologist,massage and physiotherapy still the disease is was progressing very fast until the the ALS formula from that company .

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this post. It helped ease my mind. I am 18DPO and the Wondfos are DARK and have looked the same for several days but still havent been darker than the controls despite high betas! Must just get to a certain point. Maybe I will back off and wait a week and see. Congrats to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for easing my mind! The slightest dilution makes my Wonfo test line much lighter, and my FRER was just slightly lighter tonight (after lots of fluid) than yesterday's smu test. Naturally I was freaking out, but this is SO helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, don't worry about a lighter test here and there...everything was perfect with my pregnancy and I had all kinds of variations on tests depending on how dilute the urine was. Congratulations and all the best to you JenX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your post! My sticks have looked almost the same for the last three days (after matching the control), and I was freaking out till I saw your pics. Mine look identical to yours, so I'm guessing they just hit that threshold. I feel much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad this was helpful to you! Sounds like the threshold has been reached indeed, which is a wonderful sign actually, your betas must be really high now. :) I wish you all the best on your pregnancy and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the post. I'm on my 4W+5 days and keep testing using wondfos. Worried on "not darken" this morning because of my 2 previous losses. I'm feeling much better now after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is super helpful, thank you. I got a super faint bfp on 9dpo with wondfo. it got noticeably darker on 10, then 11 dpo. I'm currently 12dpo and it looks the same as yesterday. trying to keep my cool and my patience but it's hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a gem for posting this!! I was so concerned that my clinical guard aka wondfo tests were staying the same dark as the control line for the last few days. Tomorrow I take another hcg test so will see how much it really increased since the last test. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand how it feels to be dismissed at church by people who are “trying their best”...
    I just renewed my temple recommend and I don’t know what I was expecting but I wanted to express that my testimony is waiting because of all of this crap... every time I brought up a way I was struggling I was dismissed with a “you’re fine, you’re doing fine...” but no substance behind the “it’s fine”... I walked out with the recommend but right now that piece of paper makes me feel like a phony. My testimony isn’t where it was 10, 5, or even 3 years ago... I feel it slipping away from me. Part of me doesn’t even care, part of me feels guilty for not progressing and part of me is devastated that something that used to be such an integral part of my life feels like just a side note now but i am grateful for my colleague who directed me to the herbalist doctor Dr.Osagie Momohsanni who has helped me out with his strong herbal medicines today i am a proud mother after many tries in 12 years. i was beginning to get diver-stated when it all came to me like a miracle all thanks to Dr.Osagie with his help towards my life, may God continues to bless the work of your hand and i will recommend this great herbalist to those out there who find them self not being able to get pregnant.Always remember that God listens to our prayer even if it does not happen spiritually but he sends people to help us in life. you can get to this doctor through phone call on +2349038036558 or email on DROSAGIE99@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete