Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Miracle Month Part II: The Plot Thickens

I am 10DPO today and as of last night, we have a BFP on our hands (above) on this, our very last TTC cycle before moving on to donor embryos. I wish I could say I'm purely happy, but I am scared to pieces and primarily fearful about this being yet another loss that will cause us to lose the wonderful DEmbryo match that we signed on the dotted line for just 24 hours prior to getting this shocking BFP.

My mind is racing..there is excitement in the sense of "Maybe this is really it...DH and I will finally get our take home baby!" and then there is the more dominant voice of "Oh no, not again, why now?? I can't handle another loss and I don't want to lose our DEmbies..we're almost there!!"

So, trying to be rational now, and here are the possibilities as I see them:

1.  This will be yet another chemical pregnancy that will only set us back a few days and we will continue as scheduled with the DEmbryo cycle. This seems the most likely thing given our history and multiple chemical pregnancies.

2. This will be a long, drawn out miscarriage cycle that will cause us to lose our DEmbryos (a double loss), and we will have to wait quite awhile before we can move on to new DEmbryos. (I can't even think about things like late term loss, a D & C or D &E, or messing up my uterus again.)

3. I feel this is the least likely scenario, but would truly be the "miracle" that we have hoped and prayed for these past 3+ years of TTC: we will actually carry this pregnancy to term and have our long awaited take-home-baby.

Obviously my main fear is around #2.  But, I have to say, no matter what happens, I will survive and no one can ever say I didn't do everything I possibly could to have a baby with DH. So, for now, I am praying, trusting, and doing everything I can to give this very early pregnancy a shot.  Lord... have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment